The Operations Director leads and manages the operations of the EF Teach Online USA Center. The ideal candidate must be extremely organized, comfortable in a fast-changing environment, and agile to work with different aspects of the business. He/she must have a keen attention to detail and experience managing people. He/she is responsible for increasing the efficiency of the center operations to facilitate fast growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, plan and facilitate implementation of process improvement initiatives, based on data analysis.
- Collaborate with Business Systems and tech teams to improve existing and roll out new services/functionalities of online teaching platform, Salesforce org, and other systems.
- Test and troubleshoot final system setups and assist with end-user training.
- Analyze data, identify trends and monitor KPIs to support business decisions.
- Oversee monthly invoicing process for thousands of online instructors contracted with the center.
- Supervise and oversee all activities of a growing team of 10+ Operations Managers and Coordinators, who provide day-to-day support to independent contractors and communicate sensitive contract related issues to teachers.
- Create an inspiring and motivating environment with an open communication culture, and mentor staff through change.
- Remain familiar with all basic center recruitment and academic policies and procedures to coordinate projects with other teams as necessary.
- Assist Center Director in various initiatives and projects.
- Master’s degree (MBA preferred) and fluency in English.
- Five plus years’ experience in a people and data centric operations role.
- Experience managing people.
- Ability to take initiative, show excellent discretionary judgement and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple project streams efficiently.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to change gears quickly and take on a “start-up” attitude to jump in and fix whatever challenge presents itself on our growing team.
Preferred but not required:
- Past experience with remote workers and/or independent contractors
- Experience working with Salesforce