Take overall responsibility of the full events activity programme at the Centre. From managing the Activities Staff (which includes local and international members), organising student parties or sports tournaments, to planning the logistics of a student welcome event; this is a busy yet rewarding summer job!
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Taking the lead in the organisation and running of large events on and off site such as discos, arrivals, talent shows and other large scale student events
- Coordination of transport to/ from events
- Leading team meetings and briefings with Activities staff
- Ensuring the members of staff are updated on their schedules and rotas
- Delivering great customer service to students and leaders
- Maintaining good communication with suppliers
- Providing information regarding activities and excursions
- Helping managing students arrivals and departures
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment and stock levels
- Welfare and discipline
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Keen interest in gaining further experience in events management
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader
- Out of the box problem solving skills
- Ready for a first step into a managerial role
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend training prior to your contract commencing.
* Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.