EF Education First is a global leading international education group focusing on language, academics, educational travel, and cultural experience. EF’s mission is to open the world through education and has for more than 50 years helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. The EF Group is privately held, has three divisions comprised of fourteen business units and is associated with several not-for-profit organizations. The EF Group has over 530 schools and offices in more than 50 countries and employs over 45,000 staff, faculty and teachers.
The EF Group is an entrepreneurial non-hierarchical business with tremendous growth prospects and is characterized by its dynamic, well-educated and international employees. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world EF’s mission is more relevant than ever.
About the Role
The EF Group is looking for an ambitious IP lawyer who wants an exciting job in an international environment. The position is based in Lucerne and reports to the General Counsel of the EF Group based in Zurich.
In this role you will be involved in a broad range of areas and provide legal advice as well as proactive support to the business in a variety of legal matters all over the world. For this purpose, you need to have a strong drive, high integrity, excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels. You must demonstrate a strong ability to solve practical problems in addition to complex legal issues and adopt a pragmatic approach and common sense to align the legal requirements with the needs of the business. Our environment is strongly driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and you need to enjoy challenges and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Managing EF’s global intellectual property portfolio, which includes trademarks, domain names and patents as well as copyrights and other unregistered rights
- Reviewing and advising on IP related agreements
- Advising and counseling on various IP matters involving copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.
- Managing various trademark and general IP prosecution matters including application appeals, oppositions and invalidations and liaising with external counsel.
- Drafting submissions and legal advice in relation to trademark, domain name and copyright issues.
- University degree in law plus a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in a reputable law firm or an international company.
- Highly adaptable and commercially minded lawyer.
- Self-motivated with aptitude to work independently.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken, as the role requires the ability to negotiate contracts and provide concise legal advice in business English. Furthermore, Swedish and/or German language skills would be considered a merit.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application in English, along with a CV, a copy of your law degree and all other relevant certificates as soon as possible. Interviews may be conducted continuously.