Program Manager EF Education First, London, UK
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our team in London, where you will be working closely with a larger, agile, cross-functional team of developers, designers, academics and product people, to deliver products that enable turnkey learning experiences
- Focus on the delivery of the product on-time, within scope and budget
- Break the product features into executable pieces of work; translating them into technical requirements, user stories and tasks
- Rally the team throughout the delivery process, unblocking issues and provide the team with whatever they need to do their jobs
- Contribute to the technical documentation of the product
- Being the master of the project management tools and ceremonies
- Participate in user-centred activities to capture requirements
- Work with the PO to incorporate and prioritize requirements into the product roadmap
- Leading the process of identifying risks, prioritizing and resolving issues.
- Tracking the product KPIs, gathering product feedback and turning it into actionable items to improve product performance
- Gathering insights for an in-depth understanding of the market, the competitors and potential opportunities to power critical decisions
- Deeply understanding the product and its goals, being able to clearly articulate its benefits internally as well as externally with key customers to gain early product feedback
Our ideal candidate:
- Thrives in a collaborative environment working with technical and creative disciplines
- Is hands-on, goal oriented and problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Has an ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline
- Has a drive for excellence and attention to details
- Is an excellent facilitator with superb communication skills
- Is able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time
- Has five or more years of project / program management experience delivering products to market and/or platform engineering efforts, ideally for a mass market
- Has a proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and products
- Has experience leading multidisciplinary teams with technical and creative disciplines
- Has experience with scrum, Kanban and is proficiency in project management software tools
- Has experience with cloud, modern web and mobile as a plus
- EBSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people’s lives.
- Work with an amazing team of engineers, designers, academics and product people.
- We continue to invest in flexible ways to work supported by our beautiful, multi-national office based in London containing great facilities such as an onsite gym, with free fitness and wellness classes, and considered designed social spaces.
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow with the company.
- A competitive salary with 25 days holiday.
- Private medical insurance, and a wide array of employee benefits and support in place.
- Regular social activities.
About EF Education First & EF EdTech
EF Education First, founded in 1965, is the world’s largest private education company with a mission to open the world through education.
EF EdTech is our product development organisation, consisting of a diverse collective of 200+ innovators – from academia, design, hardware, product, research, content and engineering.
Together, we work at the forefront of technology to reimagine education and solve some of the most challenging problems that exist today. From playful smart speakers that immerse our students in English to innovative machine-learning algorithms that power our AI language coaches.
We are on a mission to personalise learning, build global connections and ignite a passion for language and culture.
Something really important
If the role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you don’t tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.