EF Bournemouth is seeking 'can do' teachers to join a skilled and positive staff room from January 2020 working with adult/junior students on a full time basis.
EF Bournemouth has a vibrant and friendly working environment. Using our own blended learning system, you will have an opportunity to teach up to 17 students in a class. Our average adult student age is 18 and students study with us from 2 weeks to 9 months. We have a very strong academic team of senior and new teachers. Through CPD’s, observations and peer observations we ensure our staff gain the skills required to cater for our all students’ needs.
We embrace technology in the classroom, write and print our own course material and curriculum, which is updated regularly. Teachers deliver student centered classes focusing on task-based learning. Our classes consist of general English, special interest classes, and lectures and we focus on linking activities ran outside the classroom with what is taught inside the class.
- Teachers can expect between 15 and 30 contact hours per week Monday to Friday falling between 8.30am and 5.30pm (at discretion of Director of Studies)
- We have an extensive library of materials to help with planning and delivering cohesive and coherent lessons. We have helped reduce administration by creating easy to use Apps for attendance records and student progress reports
- Administration of placement, graduation or progress tests are also incorporated into our online learning platform to make students and teachers lives easier
- Salary dependent on qualification and experience
- Statutory holiday - 20 days + Bank Holidays - with paid, accrued holiday pay
- Regular CPDs
- Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher, Internship Coordinators, Assistant Director of Studies and Director of Studies
- Ample opportunities to transfer locations within EF International Language - Campuses or to move across division
Degree or equivalent plus CELTA / Trinity TESOL Cert minimum (experience of teaching YL desirable but not essential)
Start date: January 6th, 2020
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.