Director of Operations
Office/Campus Address: 1 Education Street, Cambridge, MA 02141
Reports to: Campus Dean
Hult seeks an accomplished and visionary Director of Operations who will guide the institution’s efforts to provide the very best student experience. The position requires a talented and experienced leader of people and programs who thinks strategically, manages resources wisely, acts with the highest degree of integrity, and inspires the confidence and trust of others. The incumbent demonstrates the diplomacy, collaboration and constructive work style necessary to be effective within matrixed teams and across multiple campuses of the organization.
The Director of Operations provides administrative leadership of campus operational departments (Student Services, Visas and Compliance, Information Technology, Student Welfare, Operations and Residence Life) including strategic planning, development of overall policy, recruitment and appointment of staff.
As a member of the campus leadership team, the Director of Operations helps to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Campus Dean, Program Deans and Registrar to strengthen the student and employee experience.
Additionally, establish and maintain ongoing partnership with Education First stakeholders within employee benefits team, facilities and operations, business resilience, legal, and security.
- Drive Hult’s mission, vision, objectives, and values; anticipate institutional needs in a way that fulfills educational and business requirements; reviews, refines and establishes policies, processes and protocols to initiate and communicate programs related to student welfare, student safety and student conduct
- Serve as a member of CARE team (Campus Assessment Response and Education) and officer for judicial matters around Title IX issues as appropriate
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage building systems/components, renovations, maintenance and projects.
- Manage and triage crisis response on campus
- Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Minimum 10 years of administrative experience in education, with a record of progressively responsible leadership positions.
- Proven ability to hire, onboard, grow, and retain outstanding talent.
- Capacity to identify and address complex challenges, maximize opportunities, and empower organizational change consistent with the mission of the division and institution.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines and shifting priorities, and to respond quickly and effectively to unexpected opportunities and challenges
- Familiarity with FERPA and Title IX
- Familiarity with Salesforce desirable
- Working understanding of U.S. Immigration policies and regulations
- Record of progressively responsible experience working with international student advising in higher education.
Hult is the global community creating the future of business. Founded by Bertil Hult, a pioneering voice in education, Hult International Business School is a new kind of business school that strives to deliver the most relevant education for today's ever-evolving, fast-paced world.
Students can choose from a range of practical, business-focused programs including the Global One-Year MBA, Global Executive MBA, Masters, and Bachelor degrees, as well as our extensive Executive Education programs. With six campus locations in the influential cities of Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 140 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
Hult is proud to be recognized and ranked among the best business schools in the world. We are the first U.S. business school to have achieved triple accreditation, meaning we are accredited by the world’s three most prestigious accrediting bodies: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. This accreditation stands as a testament to the quality of our forward-thinking, global approach to education and the ongoing success of our graduates across the world.