EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. We have 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries and employs over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Financial Analyst, with a flair for numbers, attention to detail and minimum two years of experience to join our finance team in Barcelona.
As a financial analyst, you will be:
- Working with the accounting of more than one company.
- Preparing accurate and timely account reconciliations.
- Responsible for reconciling collections from different payment methods in multiple currencies.
- Responsible for monthly income reconciliation.
- Working closely with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world.
- Key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures.
- Taking the time to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
The ideal candidate has/is
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of work experience in Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience.
- Excellent level of English, additional languages are considered an advantage.
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and driven
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask
- The ability to thrive in an international and fast-paced environment
- A flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Excellent technical and computer skills, particularly in Excel
Benefits and fun stuff:
- A genuine commitment to your learning & development.
- Work in a multinational office (25 different nationalities).
- Work with passionate and enthusiastic people.
- 28 day holidays/year
- Flexible Remuneration Plan: Private medical insurance, child care voucher, restaurant tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career opportunities internationally.
- Monthly happy hour in office & Summer & Christmas party - “no expenses spared"