The Country Manager (CM) is responsible for marketing, sales and customer service for all of EF’s activities in the Czech Republic.
In this senior position the CM will be managing a team and lead EF’s mission to drive growth in the Czech Republic. The responsibilities will include overall strategic development, day-to-day sales and marketing activities, customer service, management and development of staff, and oversight of the P&L.
The CM will lead an entrepreneurial and international business and directly influence its development and growth in the study abroad market in the Czech Republic.
- Drive your team to meet short and long-term sales goals in the Czech market
- Exceed previous years’ sales accomplishments and established sales goals
- Have knowledge of current sales trends in your market, and always be thinking several steps ahead
- Ensure best possible customer service at all stages
- Plan and execute offline marketing activities including mailings, educational fairs, co-operations with marketing partners and managing EF’s brand promoters
- Plan and execute online marketing including Google and social media ads as well as local online channels
- Maintain existing relations and build up new links with local schools and universities
- Recruit, train and motivate sales teams
- Establish and track individual and team goals and objectives
- Team performance reviews and development plans
- Analysis of your team, sales situation, the market and competitors
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and to then implement and evaluate tactics
- Contribute to the development of EF’s worldwide offered products
You are the type of person who owns ideas and runs with them. When you are stuck, you always believe there is a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you haven’t lost your ability to laugh. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with the best and brightest team members you can imagine.
- University degree (preferably in sales, marketing or business)
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in a service-oriented industry
- Proven team leadership abilities
- A highly energetic and ambitious self-starter
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong business acumen and commercial instincts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in living abroad
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 54 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.